For most people, gambling is a form of leisure and entertainment. Before playing, these people know how much time and money they can afford to spend. However for some, gambling does become a problem in their lives and a small percentage may lose control of their play.
In order to avoid problems with gambling, please keep the following in mind:
- Decide beforehand how much money you are willing to spend.
- Don't try to recoup your losses. They may only increase.
- Beware of how often and for how long you play.
- Even when you are winning, take occasional breaks. Think about the smart time to stop.
- Remember that gambling is entertainment. It's not a way to get rich quickly and pay off your debts.
- Don't forget that gambling is a game of chance. There are no systems or formulas to guarantee success.
If you are worried about gambling problems or are just curious to check the results, please try our quick self assessment test.